How to count the number of printed pages in a sheet?
Before printing a sheet, you may want to know the total number of the printed pages in advanced. Here, this article, I am going to introduce the tricks for you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To count the number of printed pages before printing, you can go to the Print to view the counting number.
Enable the sheet you want to count the printed pages, and click File > Print, then you can view the number of printed pages.
There also is a VBA code which can tell you the number of printed pages in a sheet.
1. Activate the sheet you want to count, press Alt + F11 keys to display Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, then paste below code to the Module.
VBA: Count number of printed pages in a sheet
Sub ShowMe() MsgBox ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT(50)") & _ " pages will be printed." End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, and then a dialog pops out to tell you the number of printed pages. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can apply its Print Specified Pages utility, and then view the printed pages of the active sheet.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Enable the sheet you want to count its pages, click Enterprise > Printing > Print Specified Pages, and then view the number of pages in the popping dialog. See screenshot: