How to automatically hide specific worksheets when opening an Excel file?
If you need to hide some specific worksheets automatically when someone opens the workbook, how could you deal with this job in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you want to hide one specific worksheet when opening the workbook, you can apply the following VBA code.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the left Project-VBAProject pane, double click the ThisWorkbook to open a blank Module, and then copy and paste the following code into the Module:
VBA code: Hide a specific sheet when opening a workbook:
Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet5").Visible = False End Sub
Note: In the above code, Sheet5 is the sheet name that you want to hide on open. Please change it to your need.
3. Then save and close this code window, and click File > Save As to save this workbook as Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook format, see screenshot:
4. When you open this workbook next time, please click Enable Content button firstly, and then your specify sheet will be hidden automatically.
If there are multiple worksheets needed to be hidden when opening the workbook, here is also a code can help you.
1. First, you should list the sheet names that you want to hide on open in a list of a worksheet, and then go to the Name box to give them a range name-SheetsToHide, and press Enter key, see screenshot:
2. Then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. In the left Project-VBAProject pane, double click the ThisWorkbook to open a blank Module, and then copy and paste the following code into the Module:
VBA code: Hide some specific worksheets when opening a workbook:
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) 'Updateby Extendoffice 20161206 Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In Worksheets ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible Next ws End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In Worksheets If WorksheetFunction.CountIf([SheetsToHide], ws.Name) > 0 Then ws.Visible = xlSheetHidden MsgBox ws.Name & "Has been hidden!", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Else ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible End If Next ws Set ws = Nothing End Sub
Note: In the above code, SheetsToHide is the range name that you have created in step 1.
4. Then save and close this code window, and click File > Save As to save this workbook as Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook format. From now on, when you open this workbook next time, the specified worksheets will be hidden automatically.