How to apply different headers or footers on each page on an Excel spreadsheet?
By default, when inserting header or footer into a worksheet, the header or footer content will be applied to all pages. For many people, different pages may have different contents in their worksheets. And they tend to distinguish these pages with the header or footer content after printing out the worksheet. How to apply different headers or footers on each page on worksheet? Method in this article can help you.
The following VBA code can help you to apply different headers or footers on each page of a worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Apply different headers on each page in Excel
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim vLeft As Variant, vRight As Variant, xRg As Variant
Set ws = ActiveSheet
On Error Resume Next
vLeft = Array("First page", "Second page", "Third page", "fourth page")
xRg = Array("A1:C50", "A51:C100", "A101:C150", "A151:C200")
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For i = 0 To UBound(vLeft)
.PrintArea = xRg(i)
.LeftHeader = vLeft(i)
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ws.PageSetup.PrintArea = ""
1. In the VBA code, you need to assign different header or footer names in the piece of code “vLeft = Array("First page", "Second page", "Third page", "fourth page")”.
2. And specify the print area of each page in current worksheet in the piece of code “xRg = Array("A1:C50", "A51:C100", "A101:C150", "A151:C200")”.
3. For applying different footers, please replace the word “Header” in the code with “Footer”.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. Then the Preview window pops up, please click the Print button to start printing the pages with different headers or footers.
Note: If there are 4 specified printed pages in worksheet, you need to click the Print button four times to finish the whole printing.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.