How to apply different headers or footers on each page on an Excel spreadsheet?
By default, when inserting header or footer into a worksheet, the header or footer content will be applied to all pages. For many people, different pages may have different contents in their worksheets. And they tend to distinguish these pages with the header or footer content after printing out the worksheet. How to apply different headers or footers on each page on worksheet? Method in this article can help you.
The following VBA code can help you to apply different headers or footers on each page of a worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Apply different headers on each page in Excel
Sub DifferentHeaderFooter() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim vLeft As Variant, vRight As Variant, xRg As Variant Set ws = ActiveSheet On Error Resume Next vLeft = Array("First page", "Second page", "Third page", "fourth page") xRg = Array("A1:C50", "A51:C100", "A101:C150", "A151:C200") Application.ScreenUpdating = False For i = 0 To UBound(vLeft) With ws.PageSetup .PrintArea = xRg(i) .LeftHeader = vLeft(i) End With ws.PrintPreview Next i Application.ScreenUpdating = True ws.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. Then the Preview window pops up, please click the Print button to start printing the pages with different headers or footers.
Note: If there are 4 specified printed pages in worksheet, you need to click the Print button four times to finish the whole printing.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!