How to apply different headers or footers on each page on an Excel spreadsheet?
By default, when inserting header or footer into a worksheet, the header or footer content will be applied to all pages. For many people, different pages may have different contents in their worksheets. And they tend to distinguish these pages with the header or footer content after printing out the worksheet. How to apply different headers or footers on each page on worksheet? Method in this article can help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following VBA code can help you to apply different headers or footers on each page of a worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Apply different headers on each page in Excel
Sub DifferentHeaderFooter() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim vLeft As Variant, vRight As Variant, xRg As Variant Set ws = ActiveSheet On Error Resume Next vLeft = Array("First page", "Second page", "Third page", "fourth page") xRg = Array("A1:C50", "A51:C100", "A101:C150", "A151:C200") Application.ScreenUpdating = False For i = 0 To UBound(vLeft) With ws.PageSetup .PrintArea = xRg(i) .LeftHeader = vLeft(i) End With ws.PrintPreview Next i Application.ScreenUpdating = True ws.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" End Sub
1. In the VBA code, you need to assign different header or footer names in the piece of code “vLeft = Array("First page", "Second page", "Third page", "fourth page")”.
2. And specify the print area of each page in current worksheet in the piece of code “xRg = Array("A1:C50", "A51:C100", "A101:C150", "A151:C200")”.
3. For applying different footers, please replace the word “Header” in the code with “Footer”.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. Then the Preview window pops up, please click the Print button to start printing the pages with different headers or footers.
Note: If there are 4 specified printed pages in worksheet, you need to click the Print button four times to finish the whole printing.