How to hide row and column headings from all worksheets?
In Excel, we can hide the row and column headings in a worksheet by unchecking the Headings option under the View tab, but, how could you hide the row and column headings from all worksheets in a workbook?
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
Except unchecking the Headings under the View tab one by one, the following VBA code can help you to hide them in all sheets at once.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Hide row and column headings in all worksheets:
Sub hideheadings() 'Updateby Extendoffie 20161206 Dim wsSheet As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each wsSheet In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If Not wsSheet.Name = "Blank" Then wsSheet.Activate With ActiveWindow .DisplayHeadings = False .DisplayWorkbookTabs = True .DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False End With End If Next wsSheet Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and the row and column headings in all worksheets of the active workbook have been hidden at once. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its View Options feature, you can also hide the row and column headings across all worksheets.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options, see screenshot:
2. Then in the View Options dialog box, uncheck Row & column headers from the Window options section, and then click Apply to all sheets button, see screenshot:
3. And then the row and column headers in all sheets will be hidden immediately.