How to limit date range entry in an Excel column?
In Excel, the Data Validation feature is powerful, which can force user to select data form a list, prevent duplicate values from being entered, and so on. In this article, I introduce how to limit date range entry by Data Validation in Excel column.
To limit date range entry in a range of cells, you just need to do as following steps:
1. Firstly, you need to specify the date range in cells.
2. Select a cell you want to limit date range entered, and click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot:
3. In the Data Validation dialog, click Date from the Allow list, and choose between from the Data list, and click Browse button to specify the start date and end date separately into the Start date and End date text boxes. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Now the selected cell will be limited to entered within a date range.
If there is another date which is out of the date range, a warning dialog will pop out as below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!