How to force uppercase of text entry in a textbox?
In Excel, we can quickly convert the lowercase to uppercase in cell text by using the UPPER function, but, have you ever tried to force the entered text to be uppercase in a textbox? This article, I will introduce a simple code to finish this job.
Forcing the text to be entered as uppercase in a textbox, the following VBA code may do you a favor:
1. Firstly, insert the textbox by clicking Developer > Insert > Text Box (ActiveX Control), and then draw a textbox as you need, see screenshot:
2. After inserting the textbox, right click at it, and select View Code from the context menu to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and then replace the original code with the following VBA code into the blank module:
VBA code: Force text to be uppercase in textbox:
Private Sub TextBox1_Change() TextBox1.Text = UCase(TextBox1.Text) End Sub
3. Then save and close the code window, and exit the Design mode, now, when you type text into the textbox, it will be forced to enter as uppercase, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!