How to set print area to last row in Excel?
In Excel, by default, it will set the whole worksheet until the last row with data as print area. But in this case, I want to print from column A to column C until the last row with data as below screenshot shown, are there any ways to handle it?
Enable you to do smarter, faster and better
To print a selection to the last row with data, you can change the print area to the specified selection before printing.
1. Hold Ctrl key then select the columns you want to print. See screenshot:
2. Click File > Print, and then choose Print Selection from the Setting section. See screenshot:
Here I introduce a macro code to do this operation too.
1. Enable the sheet you use, press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and click Insert > Module. See screenshot.
2. Paste below code to the Module script, and press F5 key to run.
VBA: Set Area to last row
'UpdatebyExtendoffice20170811 Dim xRg As Range Dim xRgLRow As Long Dim xRgAddress As String On Error Resume Next xRgAddress = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select a range：", "KuTools For Excel", xRgAddress, , , , , 8) xRg.Select xRgLRow = xRg.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row xRgAddress = Left(xRg.Address(1, 1), Len(xRg.Address(1, 1)) - 2) xRgAddress = xRgAddress & xRgLRow ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = xRgAddress End Sub
3. A dialog pops out to remind you to select column range you want to use. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, the print area has been set.
Select Last Cells
|Kutools' Select Last Cells function can quickly help you to select the last cell or the last column or last row.|