How to set print area to last row in Excel?
In Excel, by default, it will set the whole worksheet until the last row with data as print area. But in this case, I want to print from column A to column C until the last row with data as below screenshot shown, are there any ways to handle it?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To print a selection to the last row with data, you can change the print area to the specified selection before printing.
1. Hold Ctrl key then select the columns you want to print. See screenshot:
2. Click File > Print, and then choose Print Selection from the Setting section. See screenshot:
Here I introduce a macro code to do this operation too.
1. Enable the sheet you use, press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and click Insert > Module. See screenshot.
2. Paste below code to the Module script, and press F5 key to run.
VBA: Set Area to last row
'UpdatebyExtendoffice20170811 Dim xRg As Range Dim xRgLRow As Long Dim xRgAddress As String On Error Resume Next xRgAddress = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select a range：", "KuTools For Excel", xRgAddress, , , , , 8) xRg.Select xRgLRow = xRg.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row xRgAddress = Left(xRg.Address(1, 1), Len(xRg.Address(1, 1)) - 2) xRgAddress = xRgAddress & xRgLRow ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = xRgAddress End Sub
3. A dialog pops out to remind you to select column range you want to use. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, the print area has been set.
Select Last Cells
|Kutools' Select Last Cells function can quickly help you to select the last cell or the last column or last row.|