How to set print area to last row in Excel?
In Excel, by default, it will set the whole worksheet until the last row with data as print area. But in this case, I want to print from column A to column C until the last row with data as below screenshot shown, are there any ways to handle it?
To print a selection to the last row with data, you can change the print area to the specified selection before printing.
1. Hold Ctrl key then select the columns you want to print. See screenshot:
2. Click File > Print, and then choose Print Selection from the Setting section. See screenshot:
Here I introduce a macro code to do this operation too.
1. Enable the sheet you use, press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, and click Insert > Module. See screenshot.
2. Paste below code to the Module script, and press F5 key to run.
VBA: Set Area to last row
'UpdatebyExtendoffice20170811 Dim xRg As Range Dim xRgLRow As Long Dim xRgAddress As String On Error Resume Next xRgAddress = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select a range：", "KuTools For Excel", xRgAddress, , , , , 8) xRg.Select xRgLRow = xRg.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row xRgAddress = Left(xRg.Address(1, 1), Len(xRg.Address(1, 1)) - 2) xRgAddress = xRgAddress & xRgLRow ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = xRgAddress End Sub
3. A dialog pops out to remind you to select column range you want to use. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, the print area has been set.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!