How to quickly transpose blocks of data from rows to columns in Excel?
Have you ever suffered a problem about transposing some data from rows to columns without the blocks as below screenshot shown? In this article, I introduce some tricks on handling this job quickly and easily in Excel.
Here you can use some formulas to solve this problem.
1. Select three cells which will place the result, for instance, C1:E1, and type this formula =TRANSPOSE(OFFSET($A$1,B1,0,3,1)), and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys. See screenshot:
Tip: in the formula, A1 is the first cell of the data list, B1 is the blank cell next to the data, 3 means block by every three data.
2. In the cell B2, type this formula, =B1+4, and drag the auto fill handle down to cells needed this formula.
Tip: In the formula, B1 is the cell next to the first data of the list you use to transposed, 4 indicates the blocks divide data by every three rows and plus one.
3. Select C1:E1, drag auto fill handle downs until zeros appear. See screenshot:
If the above formulas are complex for you, you can have a try on the Transform Range feature of Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the data you want to transpose, and click Kutools > Range > Transform Range. See screenshot:
2. In the Transform Range dialog, check Single column to range option and the Blank cell delimits records. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and select a cell to place the result. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, then the data has been transposed.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!