How to pop up the cell value while clicking in Excel?
Have you ever tried to place the cell value in a pop-up message while clicking in Excel? Actually, this job is impossible. But we can place the cell value in a comment to pretend a pop-up message as below screenshot shown.
Here is a macro code that can automatically add the value to comment while clicking at the cell.
1. Right-click on the sheet tab you use, and select View Code from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the popping Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, paste below code to the script.
VBA: Add comment while clicking
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20170928 Application.ScreenUpdating = False If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub Target.ClearComments Target.AddComment Target.Value Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then save the code and go back to the sheet, the cell value will be added to the comment while clicking the cell.
Note: This VBA cannot add comments for all kinds of number cells, such as numbers, currencies, dates, etc.
If you want to add each cell value of a range to the relative comment, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Convert Comment and Cell utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
1. Select the cells you want to pop up the values, and click Kutools > More > Convert Comment and Cell. See screenshot:
2. In the Convert Comment and Cell dialog, check Insert content of cell into comment option. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok. Now each cell value has been added to corresponding comment.