How to pop up the cell value while clicking in Excel?
Have you ever tried to place the cell value in a pop-up message while clicking in Excel? Actually, this job is impossible. But we can place the cell value in a comment to pretend a pop-up message as below screenshot shown.
Here is a macro code that can automatically add the value to comment while clicking at the cell.
1. Right-click on the sheet tab you use, and select View Code from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the popping Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, paste below code to the script.
VBA: Add comment while clicking
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20170928 Application.ScreenUpdating = False If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub Target.ClearComments Target.AddComment Target.Value Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then save the code and go back to the sheet, the cell value will be added to the comment while clicking the cell.
Note: This VBA cannot add comments for all kinds of number cells, such as numbers, currencies, dates, etc.
If you want to add each cell value of a range to the relative comment, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Convert Comment and Cell utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
1. Select the cells you want to pop up the values, and click Kutools > More > Convert Comment and Cell. See screenshot:
2. In the Convert Comment and Cell dialog, check Insert content of cell into comment option. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok. Now each cell value has been added to corresponding comment.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!