How to filter data based on drop down list in Google sheet?
Supposing, you have a range of data in one sheet, and in another sheet, there is a drop-down list cell which is created based on the column Name of the first sheet. Now, you would like to filter the corresponding data based on the selected item from the drop down list as following screenshot shown. How could you solve this task in Google sheet?
Here, a formula can help you to filter the corresponding data from a drop-down list selection, please do as this:
1. First, you should insert a drop-down list based on the name column as below screenshot shown:
2. In another new sheet, please enter this formula: =query(Sheet1!A1:D, " select * where C = '"&B1&"' " ) into a cell where you want to get the filtered result, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula: Sheet1!A1:D is the original sheet name and range cells you want to filter, C is the column number which contains the drop down items, B1 is the drop down list cell you want to filter based on.
3. Then press Enter key, all the matching rows from the drop-down list selection have been extracted at once, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!