How to easily rank list without ties in Excel?
In general, when you use =RANK(cell, range) to rank a list, it will appear the same ranking if some values are equal, but how can you rank list without ties as below screenshot shown? In this article, I will tell you a formula to quickly Rank data without ties in Excel.
To rank list data without ties, you only need a formula.
Select a blank cell that will place the ranking, type this formula =RANK($B2,$B$2:$B$9)+COUNTIF(B$2:B2,B2)-1, press Enter key, and drag the fill handle down to apply this formula.
(1) In the formula, B2 is the cell you want to calculate the ranking, B2:B9 is the range you use.
(2) This formula will sort the list in the descending order.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!