How to freeze / lock columns and rows in Excel?
To freeze panes, you can keep specific rows or columns visible when you scroll in the worksheet. For example, you can view distant parts of the worksheet while the headings remain in place.
|Freeze / Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets:|
|Kutools for Excel’s Freeze / Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets can help you freeze or unfreeze all worksheets within your workbook with one click.|
Follow these steps to freeze panes in a worksheet:
1. Select the cell cursor based on what you want to freeze:
2. Then go to the Ribbon, click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Panes, see screenshot:
(1.)To freeze columns: Select a cell to the right of the columns you want to freeze. For example, click the first cell in column D to freeze the first three columns.
(2.) To freeze rows: Select a cell below the rows you want to freeze. For example, click the first cell in row 4 to freeze the first three rows.
(3.)To freeze both columns and rows: Click the cell below the rows and to the right of the columns you want to freeze — essentially, the first cell that isn't frozen. For example, click cell B2 to freeze both column A and row 1.
Note: If you want to unfreeze the columns or rows, please click View > Freeze Panes > Unfreeze Panes, see screenshot:
In certain case, you need to apply the freeze panes across to all worksheets within the whole workbook, normally, you need to freeze the worksheet one by one manually, but, with the Freeze panes multiple worksheets of Kutools for Excel, you can apply the freeze panes to all worksheets at once.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now )
1. Select a cell where you want to apply the freeze panes to all worksheets.
2. Click Enterprise > Worksheet > Freeze panes multiple worksheets, see screenshot:
3. And all the worksheets within the whole workbook are applied with the freeze panes at the same place immediately.
Note: To unfreeze the whole workbook, please just click Enterprise > Worksheet > Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets as following screenshot shown:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...