How to quickly freeze rows and columns in Excel?
To freeze panes, you can keep specific rows or columns visible when you scroll in the worksheet. For example, you can view distant parts of the worksheet while the headings remain in place.
Follow these steps to freeze panes in a worksheet:
1. Select the cell cursor based on what you want to freeze:
2. Then go to the Ribbon, click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Panes, see screenshot:
(1.)To freeze columns: Select a cell to the right of the columns you want to freeze. For example, click the first cell in column D to freeze the first three columns.
(2.) To freeze rows: Select a cell below the rows you want to freeze. For example, click the first cell in row 4 to freeze the first three rows.
(3.)To freeze both columns and rows: Click the cell below the rows and to the right of the columns you want to freeze — essentially, the first cell that isn't frozen. For example, click cell B2 to freeze both column A and row 1.
Note: If you want to unfreeze the columns or rows, please click View > Freeze Panes > Unfreeze Panes, see screenshot:
In certain case, you need to apply the freeze panes across to all worksheets within the whole workbook, normally, you need to freeze the worksheet one by one manually, but, with the Freeze panes multiple worksheets of Kutools for Excel, you can apply the freeze panes to all worksheets at once.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now )
1. Select a cell where you want to apply the freeze panes to all worksheets.
2. Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Freeze panes multiple worksheets, see screenshot:
3. And all the worksheets within the whole workbook are applied with the freeze panes at the same place immediately.
Note: To unfreeze the whole workbook, please just click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets as following screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!