How to remove text indicator (‘) in Excel?
In Excel, there are some text indicator ‘ in the cells as below screenshot shown, and how can you quickly remove these text indicators from the strings?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To remove the text indicator from a string, you just need one simple formula.
Select a blank cell that will output the result, and then type this formula =VALUE(A1), press Enter key, and drag fill handle over the cells which need this formula.
To remove text indicator from dates cells, after applying the formula, format them as Date.
In Excel, the Text to Columns feature also can remove the text indicator.
1. Select the cells you use, and click Data > Text to Columns.
2. In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard dialog, keep the Delimited option selected, and directly click Finish.
Now the indicators have been removed from the selected cells.
If you want to save the results in another cells, click Next > Next in the Convert Text to Columns Wizard dialog to go to last step, next select one cell to output the result, and then click the Finish button.
If you have Kutools for Excel, its Convert Text to Formula utility can quickly remove the text indicator from each cell in selection.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the cells with text indicators, click Kutools > Content > Convert Text to Formula. See screenshot:
Then text indicators have been removed.
If you want to convert the formula to text back, apply Kutools > Content > Convert Formula to Text.