How to remove text indicator (‘) in Excel?
In Excel, there are some text indicator ‘ in the cells as below screenshot shown, and how can you quickly remove these text indicators from the strings?
To remove the text indicator from a string, you just need one simple formula.
Select a blank cell that will output the result, and then type this formula =VALUE(A1), press Enter key, and drag fill handle over the cells which need this formula.
To remove text indicator from dates cells, after applying the formula, format them as Date.
In Excel, the Text to Columns feature also can remove the text indicator.
1. Select the cells you use, and click Data > Text to Columns.
2. In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard dialog, keep the Delimited option selected, and directly click Finish.
Now the indicators have been removed from the selected cells.
If you want to save the results in another cells, click Next > Next in the Convert Text to Columns Wizard dialog to go to last step, next select one cell to output the result, and then click the Finish button.
If you have Kutools for Excel, its Convert Text to Formula utility can quickly remove the text indicator from each cell in selection.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the cells with text indicators, click Kutools > Content > Convert Text to Formula. See screenshot:
Then text indicators have been removed.
If you want to convert the formula to text back, apply Kutools > Content > Convert Formula to Text.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!