How to sum values in same column across multiple sheets?
If there are some tables with same format in different sheets, now you want to sum the values in the same column across the tables in sheets, how can you quickly handle it except adding values one by one manually? Here I introduce two ways to deal with it easily.
Select a cell and enter this formula =SUM(Sheet1!A2:A10,Sheet2!A2:A10,Sheet3!A2:A10) to sum all values in column A across Sheet1, Sheet2 and Sheet3.
Drag the Fill Handle to the right cells to sum values in other columns across specified worksheets.
If you want to combine the tables across sheets and sum the values based on columns as below screenshot shown, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Combine function.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Enable Excel, click Kutools Plus > Combine.
2. In Combine Worksheets step 1 dialog, check Consolidate and calculate values across multiple workbooks into one worksheet option.
3. Click Next, and add workbook(s) you will sum values into the Workbook list by clicking Add button, then check the sheets you want to combine in the Worksheet list.
4. Click Next to go on, select Sum from Function drop-down list, then check Top row and Left column checkboxes, Click Finish.
5. Select a location to place the new workbook. Click Save.
6. A dialog pops out to ask you if open the combined workbook, click the Yes button to open it or close it by clicking the No button.
Now the tables are merged and summed up.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...