How to quickly restore to default cell size in Excel?
When you are editing a sheet, you may change the cell size as well. But in some times, you may want to restore the changed cell size to the default cell size as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly solve it in Excel?
In Excel, the default cell row height is 15, column width is 8.43, now, you can format the size of cells to these references.
1. Select the cells you want to restore the size, click Home > Format > Row Height, in the Row Height dialog, type 15 into textbox, click OK to restore the cell row height.
2. Then click Home > Format > Column Width, in the Column Width dialog, type 8.43 into textbox, click OK.
If you want to restore all cell size into default in a sheet, you can apply a VBA code.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code to the new script.
VBA: Restore cell size
Sub Restorecellsize() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20180626 Dim xSh As Worksheet Set xSh = Worksheets("Sheet1") With xSh .Cells.UseStandardHeight = True .Cells.UseStandardWidth = True End With End Sub
3. Press F5 key to execute the code, now the cells in the Sheet1 have been restored to the default size.
Note: In the code, you can change Sheet1 to other sheet names as you need.
If you want to resize cells by cm, pound, pixel or inch units, the Adjust Cell Size utility of Kutools for Excel can quickly handle it in Excel sheet.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the cells you want to resize, click Kutools > Format > Adjust Cell Size.
2. In the Adjust Cell Size dialog, specify the options as you need, then click Apply or Ok to resize the cells.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!