How to quickly restore to default cell size in Excel?
When you are editing a sheet, you may change the cell size as well. But in some times, you may want to restore the changed cell size to the default cell size as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly solve it in Excel?
Easily Combine multiple sheets/Workbook into one Single sheet or Workbook
|To combinne multiples sheets or workbooks into one sheet or workbook may be edious in Excel, but with the Combine function in Kutools for Excel, you can combine merge dozens of sheets/workbooks into one sheet or workbook, also, you can consolidate the sheets into one by several clicks only. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
In Excel, the default cell row height is 15, column width is 8.43, now, you can format the size of cells to these references.
1. Select the cells you want to restore the size, click Home > Format > Row Height, in the Row Height dialog, type 15 into textbox, click OK to restore the cell row height.
2. Then click Home > Format > Column Width, in the Column Width dialog, type 8.43 into textbox, click OK.
If you want to restore all cell size into default in a sheet, you can apply a VBA code.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code to the new script.
VBA: Restore cell size
Sub Restorecellsize() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20180626 Dim xSh As Worksheet Set xSh = Worksheets("Sheet1") With xSh .Cells.UseStandardHeight = True .Cells.UseStandardWidth = True End With End Sub
3. Press F5 key to execute the code, now the cells in the Sheet1 have been restored to the default size.
Note: In the code, you can change Sheet1 to other sheet names as you need.
If you want to resize cells by cm, pound, pixel or inch units, the Adjust Cell Size utility of Kutools for Excel can quickly handle it in Excel sheet.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 200 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the cells you want to resize, click Kutools > Format > Adjust Cell Size.
2. In the Adjust Cell Size dialog, specify the options as you need, then click Apply or Ok to resize the cells.