How to calculate the median in visible cells only in Excel？
Sometimes, we use the median value to instead of average. Usually, you can use =Median() to calculate a list of data. But if some data of the list has been hidden or filtered, how can you get the right median value in the visible cells only? In this article, I will introduce a formula to calculate the median only in the visible cells in Excel.
Here is a simple formula can do you a favor on calculating median value.
Select a cell which you will place the median value, type this formula =AGGREGATE(12,1,A2:A17) into it, then press Enter key.
If you want to average or sum data in visible cells only, you can try the AVERAGEVISIBLE and SUMVISIBLE functions in Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a cell you want to place the sum or average, click Kutools > Kutools Functions > Statistical & Math > AVERAGEVISIBLE/SUMVISIBLE/strong>.
2. Then in the Function Arguments/strong> dialog, select the cell reference.
3. Click OK. Then only visible cells are summed up or average.
Also, you can directly use formula =SUMVISIBLE()/em> or AVERAGEVISIBLE()/em> to calculate if you have installed Kutools for Excel.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!