How to convert time to integer hours or minutes in Excel?
In general, when you convert time to decimal hours or minutes with the formula =cell * 24 or cell * 1440, the result will be the decimal numbers. But in sometimes, you just want to convert the time to integer hours or minutes as below screenshot shown, how can you solve it in Excel?
With the INT formula, you can convert time to integer hours or minutes.
Select the cell that you want to place the result, choose the formula you need from below:
- Convert to integer hours =INT(A2*24)
- Convert to integer minutes =INT(A2*1440)
Then press Enter key to get the result. If you need, drag fill handle down to fill cells with the formula.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Convert Time utility to convert time to decimal numbers first, then use the Round utility to round numbers up or down to integers.
1. Select the time you want to convert, click Kutools > Content > Convert Time > Time to Hours/Time to Minutes.
2. A dialog pops out to remind you the number of converted cells, click OK to close it. Then keep the converted cells selected, click Kutools > Round.
3. In the Round without Formula dialog, type 0 in the Decimal place textbox, select one round type form Option section.
4. Click Ok to round all selected decimal time to integers.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 45-day trial of Office Tab!