How to convert time to integer hours or minutes in Excel?
In general, when you convert time to decimal hours or minutes with the formula =cell * 24 or cell * 1440, the result will be the decimal numbers. But in sometimes, you just want to convert the time to integer hours or minutes as below screenshot shown, how can you solve it in Excel?
With the INT formula, you can convert time to integer hours or minutes.
Select the cell that you want to place the result, choose the formula you need from below:
- Convert to integer hours =INT(A2*24)
- Convert to integer minutes =INT(A2*1440)
Then press Enter key to get the result. If you need, drag fill handle down to fill cells with the formula.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Convert Time utility to convert time to decimal numbers first, then use the Round utility to round numbers up or down to integers.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
1. Select the time you want to convert, click Kutools > Content > Convert Time > Time to Hours/Time to Minutes.
2. A dialog pops out to remind you the number of converted cells, click OK to close it. Then keep the converted cells selected, click Kutools > Round.
3. In the Round without Formula dialog, type 0 in the Decimal place textbox, select one round type form Option section.
4. Click Ok to round all selected decimal time to integers.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Easy to Uninstall Completely | Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
(Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!