How to add subscript and superscript to Excel Ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar?
Normally, for making a character superscript or subscript in a cell, you need to select it > right click > Format Cells and then choose Superscript or Subscript in the Format Cells window. That’s inconvenient and time-consuming if lots of characters need to be formatted. In this tutorial, we display the steps of adding the Subscript and Superscript features into Excel Ribbon or the Quick Access Toolbar in order to make it easy-to-use in daily work.
Add the Subscript and Superscript features to Quick Access Toolbar
An awesome feature to make multiple characters subscript or superscript at the same time
This section is talking about adding the Superscript and Superscript features to Excel ribbon. Please do as follows.
1. Click File > Options to open the Excel options window.
2. In the Excel Options window, click Customize Ribbon in left pane. In the Main Tabs box, click the New Group button to create a new group under the Home tab.
3. Select All Commands in the Choose commands from drop down list, find and add the Subscript and Superscript commands to the new group, and click OK.
Now you have added the Subscript and the Superscript features to the ribbon.
From now on, you just need to select a character, and then, click on the Subscript or Superscript to make it work.
For adding the subscript and superscript features to the Quick Access Toolbar, please do as follows.
1. Click the Customize Quick Access Toolbar button > More Commands. See screenshot:
2. In the Excel Options window, select All Commands from the Choose commands from drop-down list, select the Subscript and Superscript commands, add them to the right box, and then click the OK button.
Now, the Subscript and the Superscript features have been displayed in the Quick Access Toolbar.
1. Select the cell contains multiple characters you want to format as superscript or subscript, click Kutools > Format > Superscript / Subscript. See screenshot:
2. Then all characters of the selected cell are displayed in the dialog box. Select the character you will format, then click the Superscript or Subscript option, keep operating until all needed characters are formatted.
Tip: You can check the In-cell preview box to preview the result in selected cell instantly.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!