How to add subscript and superscript to Excel Ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar?
Normally, for making a character superscript or subscript in a cell, you need to select it > right click > Format Cells and then choose Superscript or Subscript in the Format Cells window. That’s inconvenient and time-consuming if lots of characters need to be formatted. In this tutorial, we display the steps of adding the Subscript and Superscript features into Excel Ribbon or the Quick Access Toolbar in order to make it easy-to-use in daily work.
Add the Subscript and Superscript features to Excel Ribbon
This section is talking about adding the Superscript and Superscript features to Excel ribbon. Please do as follows.
1. Click File > Options to open the Excel options window.
2. In the Excel Options window, click Customize Ribbon in left pane. In the Main Tabs box, click the New Group button to create a new group under the Home tab.
3. Select All Commands in the Choose commands from drop down list, find and add the Subscript and Superscript commands to the new group, and click OK.
Now you have added the Subscript and the Superscript features to the ribbon.
From now on, you just need to select a character, and then, click on the Subscript or Superscript to make it work.
Add the Subscript and Superscript features to Quick Access Toolbar
For adding the subscript and superscript features to the Quick Access Toolbar, please do as follows.
1. Click the Customize Quick Access Toolbar button > More Commands. See screenshot:
2. In the Excel Options window, select All Commands from the Choose commands from drop-down list, select the Subscript and Superscript commands, add them to the right box, and then click the OK button.
Now, the Subscript and the Superscript features have been displayed in the Quick Access Toolbar.
An awesome feature to make multiple characters subscript or superscript at the same time
Supposing there are multiple characters in a cell need to be formatted as subscript or superscript, here introduces the Superscript / Subscript feature of Kutools for Excel for you. It can easily format multiple characters in a selected cell as superscript or subscript at the same time.
Before apply the feature, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cell contains multiple characters you want to format as superscript or subscript, click Kutools > Format > Superscript / Subscript. See screenshot:
2. Then all characters of the selected cell are displayed in the dialog box. Select the character you will format, then click the Superscript or Subscript option, keep operating until all needed characters are formatted.
Tip: You can check the In-cell preview box to preview the result in selected cell instantly.
If you want to have a free trial (60-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!