How to count the number of cells with hyperlinks in Excel?
Have you ever tried to count the number of cells containing hyperlinks in a given range in Excel? This tutorial provides a method in step-by-step to demonstrate how to achieve it.
The following VBA code can be used to count how many cells containing hyperlinks in a given range. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Tips: You also can click Developer > Visual Basic to open this window.
2. In the Visual Basic window, click Insert > Module, then paste the following VBA code into the Module (code) window.
VBA code: Count the number of cells with hyperlinks in a given range
Sub StatisticsHypRange() 'Updated by Extendoffice 20220815 Dim xSRg As Range Dim xURg As Range Dim xRg As Range Dim xHRg As Range Dim xHypCount As Long On Error Resume Next Set xSRg = Application.InputBox("Select the range of cells from which you want to count hyperlinks", "Kutools for Excel", "", Type:=8) If xSRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Set Where = Range("A1", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)) Set xURg = Application.Intersect(xSRg.Worksheet.UsedRange, xSRg) xHypCount = 0 For Each xRg In xURg If xRg.Hyperlinks.Count > 0 Then xHypCount = xHypCount + 1 If xHRg Is Nothing Then Set xHRg = xRg Else Set xHRg = Application.Union(xHRg, xRg) End If Else If InStr(LCase(xRg.Formula), LCase("HYPERLINK")) > 0 Then xHypCount = xHypCount + 1 If xHRg Is Nothing Then Set xHRg = xRg Else Set xHRg = Application.Union(xHRg, xRg) End If End If End If Next MsgBox "Find " & xHypCount & " hyperlink cells" xHRg.Select End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the popped out Kutools for Excel dialog box, select the range where you want to count the number of hyperlink cells, and then click OK. See screenshot:
4. Then a dialog box pops up to tell you how many cells in the selected range contain hyperlinks. Click OK to close the dialog box.
Then all cells containing hyperlinks are selected at the same time.
Note: The following types of hyperlinks can be counted by the above VBA code:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!