How to highlight the odd or even months in Excel?
Supposing, you have a table contains a list of dates, now, you would like to highlight the rows based on the odd or even months of the dates as below screenshot shown. How could you solve this task in Excel?
Highlight the odd or even months with Conditional Formatting
In Excel, the powerful Conditional Formatting feature can help you to achieve this task quickly and easily, please do as this:
1. Select the data range that you want to highlight the odd or even months, and then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
2. In then popped out New Formatting Rule dialog box, do the following operations:
- Click Use a formula to determine which cells to format from the Select a Rule Type list box;
- Then, type this formula: =MOD(MONTH($D2),2) into the Format values where this formula is true text box;
- Finally, click Format button.
Note: In the above formula, D2 is the cell that contains the date you want to highlight the rows based on. This formula uses to highlight the odd months.
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, under the Fill tab, select one color you like to fill the rows, see screenshot:
4. And then, click OK > OK to close the dialog boxes. And now, the rows contain the odd months are filled with the color you specified at once, see screenshot:
Tips: To highlight the rows based on even months, please apply this formula: =NOT(MOD(MONTH($D2),2)) into the New Formatting Rule dialog box.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office / Excel 2007-2021 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!