How to share Outlook calendar with other people?
Sharing your calendars can make it easier to collaborate with people inside or outside your organization and better schedule meetings and appointments with more efficiency through increased visibility. In this tutorial, we are going to talk about an easy way to share your calendars with others.
- Automate emailing with Auto CC/BCC, Auto Forward by rules; send Auto Reply (Out of Office) without requiring an exchange server...
- Get reminders like BCC Warning when replying to all while you're in the BCC list, and Remind When Missing Attachments for forgotten attachments...
- Improve email efficiency with Reply (All) With Attachments, Auto Add Greeting or Date & Time into Signature or Subject, Reply Multiple Emails...
- Streamline emailing with Recall Emails, Attachment Tools (Compress All, Auto Save All...), Remove Duplicates, and Quick Report...
1. In the Calendar view, on the Home tab, in the Share group, click E-mail Calendar. See screenshot:
Note: If you don’t see the E-mail Calendar option, try to uncheck the active calendar and select another calendar from My Calendars list on the left. See screenshot:
2. A Message window and a Send a Calendar via E-mail dialog pop up. In the Send a Calendar via E-mail dialog, configure as follows:
- In the Calendar box, select the calendar you will share.
- In the Date Range box, specify the time period you want to share.
- In the Detail box, specify the permissions for whom you shared the calendar with.
- For other options, please see the screenshot below.
3. After clicking on the OK button to close the Send a Calendar via E-mail dialog, the calendar information is showing as message content in the Message window, and the calendar snapshot will be sent as an attachment. Now please add recipients of the shared calendar, and click on Send button to send the message.
4. When the recipients receive the email and open the attachment in Outlook, the recipients' current calendar and the calendar snapshot they received will be displayed in side-by-side mode. See screenshot:
In Outlook on the desktop, you might encounter issues such as you can’t share a calendar to the people who is outside your organization. As a workaround, you can log in your email account on Outlook.com, and then share your calendar as follows:
1. Switch to Calendar view.
2. Click on the three-dot icon beside the calendar you will share, and then select Sharing and Permissions.
3. In the pop-up Sharing and Permissions dialog, enter the email address or contact name you want to share with in the input box as shown below.
4. Once you finished typing, click on the pop-up address tag.
5. Now, choose how much access to allow in the drop-down box.
6. Once finished, click Share. You will see the email address is now listed in the Sharing and Permissions dialog as shown below. You can change the access setting by selecting another option in the drop-down menu.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.