How to Delay or Schedule outgoing message delivery in Outlook?
Have you ever sent a message in Microsoft Outlook and immediately regret for the delivery? Or maybe you don’t want to send your message immediately when you finish composing your email. Outlook has a built-in feature that allows you delay single message delivery at a time or some messages every time. You can do them respectively by the following steps:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
1. Launch Outlook 2013 or 2010. Create your new e-mail and compose it.
2. When you finish composing the email message. In the message editing window, click Options > Delay Delivery.
3. When a Properties dialog popping up, under Delivery options, check the Do not deliver before box and choose your final delivery date and time from the two drop-down lists. Then click on Close button to save the change and close the dialog.
4. Now, click on Send button. You will see the message keep staying in your Outbox folder until it meets the delivery property and send automatically.
1. In Outlook 2013 and 2010, click File > Info > Manage Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
Note: For Outlook 2007, on the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
2. Click New Rule under E-mail Rules tab.
3. In Rules Wizard, under Start from a blank rule, select Apply rule on massages I send. And then click Next to continue.
4. In this dialog, you can select the conditions which meet your needs or you can also leave all the conditions unchecked and then click Next button.
Notice: If you leave all the conditions unchecked, when you click Next, there will pop up a prompt box, please click Yes button.
5. In this new Rules Wizard, check the defer delivery by a number of minutes box. Under Step 2, click on the words (a number of) with underline.
6. Type your ideal time directly in the field or you can choose the time by click the up and down button. When you finish selecting time, click OK. The provided maximum number is 120 minutes. When it turns to the previous wizard, click Next.
7. Select you exceptions or leave them unchecked, then click Next.
8. Name the rule in Step 1, and check the Turn on this rule box, then click Finish.
9. Now, all new messages will be delayed 5 minutes to deliver.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.