How to Delay or Schedule outgoing message delivery in Outlook?
Have you ever sent a message in Microsoft Outlook and immediately regret for the delivery? Or maybe you don’t want to send your message immediately when you finish composing your email. Outlook has a built-in feature that allows you delay single message delivery at a time or some messages every time. You can do them respectively by the following steps:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
1. Launch Outlook 2013 or 2010. Create your new e-mail and compose it.
2. When you finish composing the email message. In the message editing window, click Options > Delay Delivery.
3. When a Properties dialog popping up, under Delivery options, check the Do not deliver before box and choose your final delivery date and time from the two drop-down lists. Then click on Close button to save the change and close the dialog.
4. Now, click on Send button. You will see the message keep staying in your Outbox folder until it meets the delivery property and send automatically.
1. In Outlook 2013 and 2010, click File > Info > Manage Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
Note: For Outlook 2007, on the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
2. Click New Rule under E-mail Rules tab.
3. In Rules Wizard, under Start from a blank rule, select Apply rule on massages I send. And then click Next to continue.
4. In this dialog, you can select the conditions which meet your needs or you can also leave all the conditions unchecked and then click Next button.
Notice: If you leave all the conditions unchecked, when you click Next, there will pop up a prompt box, please click Yes button.
5. In this new Rules Wizard, check the defer delivery by a number of minutes box. Under Step 2, click on the words (a number of) with underline.
6. Type your ideal time directly in the field or you can choose the time by click the up and down button. When you finish selecting time, click OK. The provided maximum number is 120 minutes. When it turns to the previous wizard, click Next.
7. Select you exceptions or leave them unchecked, then click Next.
8. Name the rule in Step 1, and check the Turn on this rule box, then click Finish.
9. Now, all new messages will be delayed 5 minutes to deliver.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow can I stop these message from sending? the reason I want my messages to be delayed is to have a possibility to stop the sending if I accidentally pressed send. Anyone to help?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis is great but there used to be an option to send right away without turning off the rule.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoHere are the instructions.