How to quickly add new contacts from email to Outlook address book?
Many people are fed up with going back and forth among the emails for adding the new contacts to their outlook contact folder. Actually, outlook provides users with an easy way to create new contact from an open email. You just need to open the email which contains the new contact you want to save and then do the following steps:
1. After opening the email, put your cursor on the email address and then right click on it. You will see the option window showing up. Then select Add to Outlook Contacts.
2. When you click on Add to Outlook Contacts, there will be a contact information dialog popup. Fill in the blank column with the contacts information. Then click Save & Close button. Now the contact was completely saved.
This section will introduce the Add from Message utility of Kutools for Outlook. With this utility, you can quickly add new contacts from an email or multiple emails to a specified contact folder in outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Select an email or multiple emails you will save the email address from, and then click Kutools Plus > Add from Message. See screenshot:
2. In the Add a contact from a message dialog box, please select a contacts folder to save the contacts in the Select Save File box, and then click the Start button. See screenshot:
3. Now a Kutools for Outlook dialog box pop up, please click the OK button. And then click the Complete button to close the Add a contact from a message dialog box. See screenshot:
1. You can expand the emails in the Add the result box to check for the contacts adding result. The email addresses with red mark and strikethrough indicate that these email addresses are failed to add to contacts folder because they are already existing in that contacts folder.
2. If email addresses already existing in the contacts folder, they will be failed to add to the contacts folder.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agohow to extract emails from outlook MAPI exchange server?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI must endorse Jon Page's comments. We still can't easily 'add contact' direct from an email
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI have 2 outlook address books; 1 personal, 1 business. When I try to add a personal entry by the method you describe here, it invariably goes into the business address book every time. I can't seem to change it over to the personal address book. Is there a way?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoWhen I right-click on the email address in O365, I have two options, "Copy email address" and "View details". It seems Roger Taylor said the same thing a year ago, and yet here we are still.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoI learn best using 3 of my senses , hearing, seeing and on hands training
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoI liked simple and easy to fellow.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoI prefer the written instructions
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoI like the written instructions more than the videos.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoIt doesn't work. Nowhere is there a way to add the name to my "people". "Add to outlook contacts" does not appear.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agothe open fields you show above now longer exist Microsoft! I used to cut and paste the persons signature info from their email to the open notes field...then drag and drop phone, address, title to appropriate fields. BUT NOW, I have to click several times to open these fields. Bizarre....it certainly looks like change for the sake of change, even if it makes things worse. Do they use their own software! Oh, you may be thinking, "couldnt there be a software that would search through the email and find the signature info and fill in all the fields for use!?" GREAT IDEA! Seems like there are people out there doing that already.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoI am trying to "edit" outlook 2013 contacts from emails .... however, when opening the dialog box, I am prompted to "add" the contact rather than edit the existing contact. furthermore, if I choose to "add" the contact, it is not saving the contact or changes. This problem just began ... I was not having a problem previously. ????
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoYour method will not work in Outlook 2013
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 years agoI used to use this process all the time in Outlook 2010, but we just switched to Outlook 2013 and the "add to outlook contacts" option is no longer there. Any suggestions, am i missing something?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoDid you solve this problem, very frustrating
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 years agoCan you group all previous sent emails and email all of them under BCC emai blast? Cannot copy and paste all my sent email addresses in a BCC email for an email blast in Outlook 2013. Have NOT created contacts - just have sent email addresses.
Can this be with this tool? I used to be able to copy and paste in Vista after clicking on the "To" button when sending an email and all addresses would appear in a dropdown where you could copy and paste them in batches. Nothing like this available?