How to add email addresses to safe/blocked senders list in Outlook?
Sometimes outlook treats a valid incoming email as junk email and then filtering it into junk email folder even though the sender’s email address was saved in your outlook email address book. It was very annoying when emails keep filtering into junk email folder. To avoid this, here are some useful methods to help you to whitelist the addresses to safe sender list in outlook. Please look at the following instructions:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
Add one email address to safe/blocked senders list with Never Block Sender or Blocked Sender function
There are two small handy function- Never Block Sender feature and Block Sender feature in Outlook, which can help you quickly add your selected sender address in the mail message list to the safe senders list or blocked sender list with one click.
1. Select the message of the sender that you want to add to whitelist, and click Home > Junk > Never Block Sender, see screenshot:
Note: For adding a sender to blocked sender list, please click Home > Junk > Block Sender.
2. A prompt box will pop out to remind you selected address has been added to the safe senders list. And click OK.
With this method, you can add one address into the safe list at a time, if you want to add multiple addresses, you need to add them one by one. And if you don't have an email message from the sender but know their email addresses, the Junk E-mail Options can help you.
1. Click Home > Junk > Junk E-mail Options. See screenshot:
2. In Junk E-mail Options dialog, click the Safe Senders tab, and then click the Add button. See screenshot:
Note: For adding email addresses to blocked senders list, please click the Blocked Senders tab.
3. In the popped out Add address or domain box, please enter an e-mail address of the person you want to whitelist to the text box, and then click OK button. For adding more email addresses into the whitelist, please repeat this step as you need.
4. Then click the OK button in the Junk Email Options dialog box.
(1) If you check Also trust e-mail from my Contacts option, your addresses in the Contacts are considered safe senders.
(2) Maybe some people are not be listed in your Contacts, if you want all such people to be considered as safe senders, check Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List option.
The above method needs you to type the addresses manually one by one, if there are hundreds of addresses need to be deal with, it must be painful and tedious. But with this useful tool-Kutools for Outlook, you can finish it easily.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. Hold Ctrl key to select the messages of the senders which you want to add them to safe list, and click Kutools > Junk > Enable Junk Email Filter. See screenshot:
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!