How to insert bullet or numbering list in Outlook?
As we know, we can format a group of text with bullet points or numbering, making the text brief and clear in Microsoft Word.
Actually you can also applying the Bullet feature and Numbering feature in email messages in Microsoft Outlook. And here we will show you how to insert bullets or numberings for a group of text in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Step 1: Create a new email message:
- In Outlook 2010 / 2013, please click the New E-mail button in the New group on the Home tab.
- In Outlook 2007, please click the File > New > Mail Message.
Step 2: Select the group of text that you will inse rt bullets or numberings for.
Step 3: Add bullets or numberings for the selected text:
If you want to format the text with bullets, please click the Bullet button in the Paragraph group on the Format Text tab.
You can also click the arrow besides the Bullet button, and select other styles of bullets in the drop down menu.
To format the selected text with numberings, please click the Numbering button in the Paragraph group on the Format Text tab.
It’s alternative to click the Arrow besides the Numbering button , and apply other styles of numberings in the drop down list.
By the way, you can also find out the Numbering button and the Bullet button in the Basic Text group on the Message tab.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThank you for not including the one thing that isn't obvious: nesting bullet points
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoActually "Insert Bullet" is a misnomer. What Outlook does is to Insert the "Bullet Style". This means it will add a bullet, but also change the entire style, giving you indents, font resizing, paragraph formatting and a lot of things that you may not want. So if all you want is a bullet on top of a nice style you already have, tough.