Outlook: Disable and enable previewing attachments in Reading Pane
For instance, you received an e-mail message with an attachment of workbook in Outlook. Normally you can preview the attachment of workbook directly in the Reading Pane without downloading it. Click the attachment below the message header, and it previews the attachment of workbook as following screen shot shows. You can even switch among the worksheets in the attached workbook.
Sometimes the previewing attachments feature does not work in Microsoft Outlook, or you may not need this feature at all. We will teach you how to enable and disable the previewing attachments in the Reading Pane in Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Open the Trust Center dialog box firstly:
In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Trust Center.
In Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016:
- Click the File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box;
- Click the Trust Center in the left bar;
- Click the Trust Center Settings button in the Microsoft Outlook Trust Center section.
Step 2: In the Trust Center dialog box, click the Attachment Handing in the left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Attachment and Download Preview section.
- To enable the previewing attachments in the Reading Pane, please uncheck the Turn off Attachment Preview option;
- To disable the previewing attachments in the Reading Pane, please check the Turn off Attachment Preview option.
Step 4: It is optional to click the Attachment and Document Previewers button.
In the popping up File Previewing Options dialog box, you can check and uncheck the applications that are currently being used to preview files.
Please note that you can’t preview attachments in Reading pane, because relative applications are not checked or listed in the File Previewing Options dialog box. For instance, you can’t preview an attachment of zip file in the Reading Pane.
Step 5: Click OK buttons in each dialog box.
Step 6: Restart your Outlook application to activate the function you have configured
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.