How to display all incoming messages in plain text in Outlook?
In some cases, viruses or other security threats come with HTML messages in Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, Microsoft Outlook provides us with a Read all standard mail in plain text option, which can convert all incoming messages into plain text automatically. And here we will guide you to walk through it, and display all incoming messages as plain text in Microsoft Outlook easily.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The following steps will walk you through converting and showing all incoming messages into plain text easily.
Step 1: Open the Trust Center dialog box:
If you are using the Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Trust Center.
If you are using the Outlook 2010 and 2013,
- 1. Firstly, please click the File > Options.
- 2. Then in the Outlook Options dialog box, click the Trust Center in the left bar.
- 3. At last click the Trust Center Settings button.
Step 2: In the Trust Center dialog box, please click the E-mail Security in the left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Read as Plain Text section, and then check the Read all standard mail in plain text option.
Step 4: Click all OK buttons in each dialog box.
From now on, all incoming email messages will be converted to the plain text automatically. No matter you are previewing the incoming emails nor you are opening them, their content shows in the format of plain text without any formats.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 days agoIt worked like a charm!. I searched the web and given the same instructions to increase the font size in email received by going to "stationery and fonts". but it didn't work. The key step was going through the Trust Center settings. Thanks!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI followed the steps too... nothing happened! HELP
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoInvaluable help. It solved my problem of not being able to read incoming messages written in size 7 font. These messages are probably sent from mobile phones. However, incoming messages are now displayed at a comfortably readable size. Thank you very much for your help!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI followed the instruction and nothing happened
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI spent a great deal of time searching for the plain text answer given above. I am most grateful.