How to request delivery receipt and read receipt in Outlook?
Let’s say you are sending an important email message to your client, and you need some feedback and ensure whether your client receives this message or not, and whether your client views this message or not. And the Request a delivery receipt feature and request a read receipt feature in Outlook will meet your needs exactly.
Here this article is provided to help you request delivery receipts and read receipts for currently composing email message, and for all sent email messages as well.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
When you are composing an email message, you can configure and request a delivery receipt and a read receipt easily.
Step 1: Create a new email message:
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the Home > New E-mail.
- In Outlook 2007, please click the File > New > Mail Message.
Step 2: Check the Request a Delivery Receipt option and Request a Read Receipt option in the Tracking group on the Options tab.
It is optional to check both of Request a delivery Receipt option and Request a Read Receipt option, or check one of them. It’s up to your needs.
Step 3: Compose your email message, and send it.
This section will show you the way to request delivery receipts and read receipts for all sent email messages in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: Click the Mail in the left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Tracking section,
- To request a delivery receipt, please check the Delivery receipt confirming the message was delivered to the recipient’s e-mail server option.
- To request a read receipt, please check the Read receipt confirming the recipient viewed the message option.
Note: You can check both of these options or one of them according to your needs.
Step 4: Click the OK button.
Since then each sent email message will request a delivery receipt and a read receipt automatically.
If you are using Outlook 2007, you can request delivery receipts and read receipts for all sent email messages with following steps.
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, please click the E-mail Options button on the Preferences tab.
Step 3: In the E-mail Options dialog box, please click the Tracking Options button.
Step 4: In the new popping up Tracking Options dialog box, please check the Read receipt option and Delivery receipt options.
Note: You can check both of the Read receipt option and Delivery receipt option, or check one of them according to your own needs.
Step 5: Click the OK buttons in each dialog box.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.