How to change date and time format of mail Received field in Outlook?
In Outlook, you can modify your date and time format (date display format) of mail received field to other date formats as following screenshots shown. This tutorial will help you to change date format of mail received date in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To change the date format of mail received date in Outlook
1. Please navigate to the mail folder which you want to change its date format. For example, if you want to change the date format of the Inbox folder, please navigate to the Inbox folder first.
2. Please click View > Current View > Customize Current View…. (In Outlook 2007). See screenshot:
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click View > View Settings.
3. And then please go to change the date format of mail received date as screenshots shown. Click Format Columns… > Received > Choose a date format > OK.
4. All emails of the Inbox folder will be displaying in the date format after clicking OK in the Advanced View Settings: Compact dialog box. See screenshots:
Note: it will only change the date format of specific mail folder according to above steps. If you want to apply the same date format to multiple mail folders, you can change the date format of one mail folder first and then apply the current view of the mail folder to others by using Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders… as follows (in Outlook 2010 / 2013):
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoI cannot pick up date and time of my AOL sent mail is received by clicking on the email of the receiver who has AOL
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIs there anyway to get both the time and date on there? Not just one or the other!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoi want to change order of date to have date first and month second on my email
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIt's a pity that MSFT doesn't provide enough reasonable non-US formats... event the one that I use in my date and time settings.
For example I need format like "29-Sep-16 16:01" but there is only "....4:01 PM"
Actually people need compact formats, and all the "Monday, the 16th of December, 3:47 PM" as well as a set of formats showing the date but not showing time seem to be useless... The usual Microsoft ignorance of user requirements