How to highlight emails sent only to me in Outlook?
There are numerous emails gathering in your Outlook inbox, and it’s hard to distinguish the important one you thought to be from the whole inbox message. If you regard the emails that sent only to you as the important emails, it is still difficult to figure out which emails cc to you or just directly sent to you only at a glance. This tutorial aims to show you how to highlight emails directly sent to you only in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
1. Make sure that you have your inbox selected.
2. Then click View > Current View > Customize Current View. See screenshot:
3. When the Customize View: Message dialog pops up, click Automatic Formatting….
A: Click Add button to create a new rule;
B: Type a name for your new rule in the Name: text box, after naming the new rule, the rule will be added to the Rules for this view list box automatically;
C: Then click Condition… button to choose the condition you need.
5. Then in the popped out Filter dialog, check the Where I am: box, make sure that the content “the only person on the To line” is appearing on the text box. Then click OK to close it.
6. Then it returns to the previous Automatic Formatting dialog, please click Font button to enter the Font dialog.
7. In the Font dialog, customize the value you need and then click OK to close it.
8. Click OK twice in the following dialogs to finish the whole settings. And all the emails which only sent to you have been highlighted with your customized formatting in the Inbox. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, you need to do as follows.
1. Under View tab, please click View Settings. See screenshot:
2. In the Advanced View Settings: Hide Messages Marked for Deletion dialog, click Conditional Formatting….
3. The following steps are the same with the steps in Outlook 2007, please click here to know more.
Tip: For this Conditional Formatting function, you can not only highlight the email sent to you only, but also can highlight the email which your email address is on the To or CC line with other people, and even highlight emails for more values.
1. Notice that your email account name should be the same with the name which the recipient have saved in his address book.
2. When you received the emails which only sent to you next time, the emails will be automatically highlighted with your customized formatting.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.