How to print a selection of an email in Outlook?
If you received an email message and found that there is a selection of the email content need to be printed out instead of printing the whole message, what would you do? Actually, Outlook can help you achieve this operation with the help of internet browsers, such as the Firefox and the Internet Explorer. Here I will take the Internet browsers for example. Please look at the following tutorials.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
1. Double click to open the email whose selection you will print.
2. In the opening Message window, please click Message > Actions > View in Browse. See screenshot:
3. Then a prompt box pops up, click OK to continue. If you don’t want to show this dialog again, please check the Do not show this message again box. See screenshot:
4. Now the email is opened in the browser, you need to select the part of the email that you want to print, and click File > Print Preview. See screenshot:
5. In the Print Preview dialog, please select As selected on screen to display only selected content, and then click the Print button. See screenshot:
6. In the opening Print dialog box, please specify a printer, and click the Print button.
Note: The browser that mentioned in the above operation is the Internet Explorer browser. For the other browsers, such as Firefox, you just need to find the Print and Print Preview function, and the rest of the operations are the same as above.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can print an email's selection easily with its Print selection feature in Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. Preview the email in the Reading Pane, select the text you will print, and click Kutools > Print Selection. See screenshot:
2. In the popping out Print Selection dialog box, please check the Item body option, and click the Print button. See screenshot:
Note: If you don't need to print the currently opening message' header, please uncheck the Item header option.
3. In the opening Print dialog box, please specify a printer, and click the Print button.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.