How to view mailbox or folders' sizes in Outlook?
Has your Microsoft Outlook become heavy and worked slowly? There may congest a number of email messages, tasks, and appointments in Microsoft Outlook for a long time. Before cleaning up your mailbox, you'd better to check how much space folders take up currently. Here we will show you how to check and view each mailbox or folder’s sizes in Microsoft outlook quickly.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can check the space that the mailbox and its folders occupy currently in the folder properties. Please do it with following steps:
Step 1: Right click the root folder of a mailbox, and click the Data File Properties in the right-clicking menu.
If you are using the Outlook 2007, you will get the Properties of for "Personal Folders" instead of Data File Properties from the right-clicking menu.
Step 2: In the Folder Properties dialog box, please click the Folder Size button.
Then in the Folder Size dialog box, you can easily check the mailbox size and the sizes of each subfolder. See the following screen shot:
Note: For the only one folder without subfolders, you can’t view the size of it by this method.
When you are cleaning up your mailbox, the View Mailbox Size feature enables you to view the total size of current mailbox and the sizes of each folder in this mailbox.
Step 1: Open the Mailbox Cleanup dialog box:
- In Outlook 2010 / 2013, please click the File > Into > Cleanup Tools > Mailbox Cleanup. See the following screen shot.
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Mailbox Cleanup.
Step 2: In the Mailbox Cleanup dialog box, please click the View Mailbox Size button.
Then in the coming Folder Size dialog box, you can view the total size of this mailbox, as well as the sizes of each subfolder in this mailbox, including the Inbox folder, Sent Items folder, Outbox folder, Delete Item folder, etc. See the following screen shot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.