How to find out attachments by file name in Outlook?
Although you can find out messages with attachments quickly with Search Tools > Has Attachment, it is hard to pick out the attachment with specified file name exactly from a number of messages with attachments in a short time. Actually, there is a way to find out attachments by file name quickly, only if you remember the attachment name or some pieces in the attachment name.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
The following steps will guide you to find out attachments by file names in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013 easily.
Step 1: Put the cursor at the search box to activate the Search Tools.
Step 2: Click the More > Attachment Contains on the Refine group on the Search tab.
Step 3: In the new added Attachment Contains box, enter the specified file name of attachments or some words in the specified file name.
Then you will find out the specified attachments with the entered file name at once.
Note: This method begs the questions of file names of attachments, and it will find out all attachments that contains the text entered in the Attachment contains box.
For example, you enter the text of feature in the Attachment contains box, and it will find out not only attachments whose file names contain the feature, but also attachments which contain the feature in their content.
This section will describe you in details about finding out attachments by file name in Microsoft Outlook 2007 quickly.
Step 1: Click the button at the right of search box to expand the query builder.
Step 2: Click the Add Criteria > Attachment Contains. See the following screen shot:
Step 3: In the new added Attachment Contains box, enter the specified file name of attachments.
Then it will find out the attachments whose file names with entered text at once.
By the way, this method will also find out the attachments which contain the entered text in their content too.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.