I am trying to move all the mail with word "ptsi_pocv" in the subject to some other folder.
I have mails with subject "abcded_ptsi_pocv" so I am searching only for "ptsi_pocv" and want to move those all.
But its not working.
Supposing you always receive some kinds of messages which should be all sent to your colleagues, it is tedious to forward these messages one by one, and it’s impossible to forward every message in time. Actually you can make a rule and make these kinds of messages forwarded to your colleagues automatically when messages arriving.
The following step-by-step guidance will help you create a rule to forward emails based on subjects to specified people automatically.
Step 1: Open the Rules and Alerts dialog box:
Step 2: In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule button.
Step 3: In the Rules Wizard dialog box, please select the Apply rule on messages I receive and click the Next button. See the following screen shot:
Step 4: Select conditions for the new rule:
Step 5: Specify the actions for the creating rule:
Step 6 (optional): Run this new rules now on messages already in Inbox folder.
By default this new rule will work with the new incoming email messages in future. If you want it to work with existing messages already in Inbox, please keep clicking the Next buttons till you see the following dialog box.
And please check the Run this rule now on messages already in “Inbox” option.
Step 7: Click the Finish button.
From now on all new incoming messages with the specified text in subjects will be forwarded to the specified people or people group automatically.
If you have checked the Run this rule now on messages already in “Inbox” option, it will automatically forward the existing messages already in the Inbox folder, which contain the specified text in their subjects.
Besides the above method, is there any good way for auto forwarding emails based on subject? Now, with the Automatic Forward utility of Kutools for Outlook, the emails can also be forwarded based on subject.
1. Please enable the Automatic Forward utility by clicking Kutools > Forward > Enable Auto Forward. See screenshot:
Note: After clicking Enable Auto Forward, the Auto Forward Settings dialog box will display automatically if there has no auto forward rule exiting.
2. In the Auto Forward Settings dialog box, click New button.
3. In the Auto Forward dialog box, you need to:
A: Type in the name in the Rule Name textbox;
B: Check the Custom box to expand the whole custom conditions section.
4. Now please check the Subject contains box and then click the button from the Inclusion or Exclusion sections.
5. Please click New button in the Text Contains dialog box.
6. In the Search Text dialog box, please type in the text in the New Search Text textbox and then click Add button. When you finish adding texts, please click OK button.
Note: If you repeat typing and adding texts in the Search Text dialog box, there will be an “and” relationship created among the texts.
7. Then it will returns to the Text Contain dialog box, please click OK button.
Note: If you repeat the operations in the above step 6, there will be another “or” relationship created among texts. See screenshot:
8. When it returns to the Auto Forward dialog box, please click Recipients button to find and select the recipients that you want to auto forward to. Then click OK button.
9. Click OK button in the Auto Forward Settings dialog box to finish the whole setting.
With Automatic Forward utility of Kutools for Outlook, you can not only auto forward emails based on subject, but also can auto forward emails based on email account, attachment name, “From” address and email body.
For more detailed information of Kutools for Outlook’s Automatic Forward utility, please click here.