How to set and change the update interval of RSS Feeds in Outlook?
By default, RSS Feeds use the publishers’ update recommendations and update quite frequently. Sometimes, the publishers’ update recommendations may be not fit for you, and you need the RSS Feeds update more frequently or less. Actually, you can customize the update intervals of RSS Feeds. This article will introduce steps about how to set and change the update intervals of RSS Feeds in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
There are two parts to set and change the update intervals of RSS Feeds in Microsoft Outlook. The first part is to uncheck the publisher update recommendation, and the second part is to define a new send/receive group for the RSS Feeds that you will change their update intervals. We will introduce the steps in details.
Step 1: Open the Account Settings dialog box:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Account Settings.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box, click the RSS Feeds tab and select the feed name that you will change its update interval, and then click the Change button.
Step 3: In the RSS Feed Options dialog box, please uncheck the option of Use the Publisher update recommendation. in the Update Limit section. See the following screen shot:
Step 4: Click OK and Close to exit two dialog boxes.
Step 5: Open the Send/Receive Groups dialog box:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings > Define Send/Receive Groups.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the Send/Receive Groups > Define Send/Receive Groups on the Send / Receive tab. See the following screen shot:
Step 6: In the Send/Receive Groups dialog box, please click the New button.
Then a Send/Receive Group Name dialog box comes out, please enter a name for the new group in the box, and click the OK button.
Step 7: In the new popping up Send/Receive Settings dialog box:
- Select and highlight the RSS in the Accounts box in the left section;
- Keep checking the option of Include RSS Feeds in this Send/Receive group;
- Go to the Feeds section, and only check the feed names’ boxes that you will change their update intervals;
- Click the OK button.
Step 8: Now you will go back to the Send/Receive Groups again:
- Select and highlight the name of new created Send/Receive group in the Group Name box;
- Check the option of Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes, and specify the update interval in the box.
- It’s optional to check the option of Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes in the When Outlook is Offline part, and specify the update interval in the box.
- Click the Close button.
From now on, the specified RSS Feeds will be updated based on your specified intervals automatically.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.