How to change reminder notification sound in Outlook?
Sometimes, you may need to change the reminder notification sound for a specific appointment, while sometimes you may want to change the default reminder notification sound for all appointments in Microsoft Outlook. This article will help you get them done easily.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can change the reminder sound for a specific appointment when you are composing it.
Step 1: open the appointment window:
- To create an new appointment in Outlook 2007, please click the File > New > Appointment;
- To create an new appointment in Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the New Item > Appointment on the Home tab;
- Double click an existing appointment to open it.
Step 2: In the Appointment window, click the Reminder: box > Sound in the Options group on the Appointment tab.
Step 3: In the Reminder Sound dialog box, click the Browse button.
Step 4: In the Reminder Sound File dialog box, find out and select the sound file you will change to, and then click the Open button.
Note: The reminder can only recognize the .wav files. Therefore, you have to select a .wav sound file in the Reminder Sound File dialog box.
Step 5: Compose this appointment, and click the Save & Close button.
This section will guide you to change the reminder sound in the Options dialog box of Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, click the Advanced in the left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Reminders section, and click the Browse button.
Step 4: In the Reminder Sound File dialog box, find out and select a .wav file, and then click the Open button.
Step 5: Click the OK button in the Outlook Options dialog box.
From now on, all appointments’ reminder sounds are changed to the wav sound you specified in Step 4 automatically.
It is quite different to change appointments’ reminder sound in Microsoft Outlook 2007. You can do it as following:
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, please click the Advanced options button on the Other tab.
Step 3: In the Advanced Options dialog box, please click the Reminder Options button.
Step 4: In the Reminder Options dialog box, please click the Browse button.
Step 5: In the popping up Reminder Sound File dialog box, search for a .wav file and select it, and then click the Open button.
Step 6: Click all OK buttons in each dialog box.
Up to now, you have changed the default reminder sound for all appointments in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.