How to remove canceled meeting from calendar in Outlook?
Normally you can remove all kinds of calendar items manually with selecting them and pressing the Delete key in Microsoft Outlook. For canceled meetings, there are some tricky ways to remove. In this article, we will introduce two ways to remove canceled meetings from your calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Most of time, the meeting organizer will send a cancellation message to meeting attendees when they cancel the meeting. This way we are talking about is to remove a canceled meeting when you receive the cancellation message.
Step 1: Open the mail folder and find out the cancellation message in it.
Step 2: Click to preview the cancellation message in the Reading Pane.
Step 3: Click the Remove from Calendar above the message header in the Reading Pane. See screen shot:
Then the canceled meeting is removed from your calendar at once.
When meeting attendees receive the cancellation notes, the text of “Canceled” will be added before original subjects of canceled meetings automatically. Therefore, you can easily find out and mass remove canceled meetings quickly.
Step 2: To find out canceled meetings easily, please enter the text of Canceled in the Search box.
Step 3: Select all canceled meetings, and then press the Delete key.
(1) Holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent calendar items with clicking the first one and the last one
(2) You can click the first meeting, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + End to select all canceled meetings in the search results.
About the option of Automatically accept meeting requests and remove canceled meetings
In Microsoft Outlook, you may notice the option of Automatically accept meeting requests and remove canceled meetings in the Outlook Options dialog box. This option can enable outlook accept meeting requests, and add them into meeting attendees’ calendars automatically. However, it is not able to remove canceled meetings from meeting attendees' calendars at all.
You can find out the option of Automatically accept meeting requests and remove canceled meetings with clicking the File > Options > Calendar > Auto Accept/Decline in Outlook 2013, or clicking File > Options > Calendar > Resource Scheduling in Outlook 2010. See screen shot:
In Outlook 2007, you can find out the option of Automatically accept meeting requests and remove canceled meetings with clicking the Tools > Options > Calendar Options > Resource Scheduling. See screen shot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.