How to cancel or turn off auto archive in Outlook?
After enabling auto archive function in your Outlook, an auto archive dialog box will display on time to remind you of archiving the items. If you don’t want to keep archiving for Outlook items any more, you can turn off the Outlook archive function. This tutorial will show you how to manually cancel or turn off the auto archive function in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook 2007, you can turn off the auto archive function as follows.
1. Please click Tools > Options. See screenshot:
2. Click the AutoArchive button under Other tab in the Options dialog box.
3. In the AutoArchive dialog box, uncheck the Run AutoArchive every X days box, and then click OK button to close the dialog.
4. When it returns to the Options dialog box, click OK button. From now on, your Archive function is disabled in your Outlook.
If you are using Outlook 2010 and 2013, please do as follows.
1. Please click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Advanced in the left pane, and then click AutoArchive Settings button. See screenshot:
3. In the AutoArchive dialog box, please uncheck the Run AutoArchive every X days box. And then click OK button to close it.
4. When it returns to the Outlook Options dialog box, please click OK button.
Now the Auto archive function is turned off.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.