How to search contacts by date added in Outlook?
Normally we can search contacts by names, companies, categorized, etc. in Microsoft Outlook. However, sometimes you may not remember these information clearly, and the only thing you can ensure is that the contact was created after a certain day. How to search? In this article, I will introduce how to search contacts by data added in Microsoft Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook: 100+ New Advanced Tools for Outlook. Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10. Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To search contacts by created date or date added in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Contact view, and click to open a contact folder you will search contacts in.
Step 2: Open the Advanced Find dialog box,
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Instant Search > Advanced Find;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, firstly activate the Search Tools with putting cursor into the Search box, then click the Search Tools > Advanced Find on the Search tab. See screen shot:
Step 3: In the Advanced Find dialog box, go to the Advanced tab, and customize a search criteria with:
- Clicking the Field button > All Contact fields > Created;
- Clicking the box below Condititor, and select one item from the drop down list based on your needs. In our case, we select the on or after;
- Typing a specified date (such as "2014-1-1") in the box below Value;
- Clicking the Add to List button.
Step 4: Click to highlight the criteria you customized in Step 3, and click the Find Now button.
Then all contacts created on or after the specified date are found out and listing at the bottom of Advanced Find dialog box quickly.
Note: You can open a contact in the searching results with double clicking it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.