How to sort deleted email items by date deleted in Outlook?
By default, all Outlook emails are arranged by Date no matter which folder you are locating in. When you deleting an email, it will be moved from the destination folder to the Deleted Items folder automatically. If the deletion is accidental, it is hard for you to find the deleted email and recover it to the destination folder again because it was crowded among all the deleted emails. The best way for you to easily find the deleted email is sorting all deleted emails by date deleted. After sorting deleted emails by deleted date, the email you have just deleted will be right there at the top of the Deleted Items folder.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For sorting all deleted email items by date deleted in Outlook, please do as follows.
1. Get into the Deleted Items folder which you want to sort email by date deleted.
2. Please click View > View Settings. See screenshot:
3. In the Advanced View Settings: Hide Messages Marked for Deletion dialog box, please click Columns button.
4. In the Show Columns dialog box, you need to:
1). Select Date/Time fields from the Select available columnsfrom drop-down list;
2). Select Modified in the Available columns box;
3). Click Add button to add this column to the Show these columns in this order list box.
4). Click Move Up button to move the Modified to the top of the Show these columns in this order box.
5). Then click OK button.
5. When it returns to the Advanced View Settings: Hide Messages Marked for Deletion dialog box, please click Sort button.
6. When the Sort dialog box pops up, you need to:
1). Select the Date/Time field from the Select available fields from drop-down list;
2). Then select Modified from the Sortitems by drop-down list.
3). Click OK button.
7. Click OK button in the Advanced View Settings: Hide Messages Marked for Deletion dialog box to finish the whole settings.
Now your Deleted Items folder is sorted by date deleted.
1. This method also can be available in Outlook 2007.
2. This method is only applied to your selected deleted Items folder. If there are other deleted items folders in your Outlook, you need to set the options with above steps one by one.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 days agowonderful, thanks a lot!! exactly what i needed!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoGreat help. thanks a lot
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoIn 3 words: I love you.
You just saved my day. It worked perfectly. Thanks so much
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoRecords avarble receible email Accenture accounts google setting
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI tried doing this, but I noticed there's a difference with my view settings, and my Advanced View Settings, shows as Compact. Is this still an option for me to be able to do?