How to hide or remove completed tasks in Outlook?
It’s easy for most users to remove a completed task from Microsoft Outlook. However, what if remove all completed tasks quickly in Outlook? And what if only hide all completed tasks without removing in Outlook? In this article, I will introduce ways to hide and remove completed tasks in Microsoft Outlook easily.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
This is an easy way to hide all completed tasks from current task folder quickly in Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Shift to the Tasks view, and click to open the task folder that you will hide all completed tasks from.
Step 2: Click the Change View > Active on the View tab. See screen shot below:
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Active Tasks.
Then you will see all completed tasks disappear at once.
You can also hide all completed tasks with clicking the Change View > To-do List on the View tab (or View > Current View > To-Do List in Outlook 2007).
Normally Outlook users remove a completed task with selecting it and pressing the Delete key on the keyboard. To mass remove completed tasks, some users may arrange tasks by completed, and then select all and batch remove them at once. Here I will introduce another easy way to remove all completed tasks from current tasks folder.
Step 1: Shift to the Tasks view, and click to open the tasks folder that you will remove all completed tasks from.
Step 2: Click the Change View > Completed on the View tab.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Completed Tasks.
Step 3: Select all completed tasks with pressing the Ctrl + A keys on the keyboard, and then remove them all with pressing the Delete key.
Step 3: In the popping up Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the OK button.
Note: This warning Microsoft Outlook dialog box won’t come out if you have checked the Do not show this message again in it before.
Step 4: Shift to other task views with clicking Change View > Simple List on the View tab (or View > Current View > Simple List in Outlook 2007).
Actually, it’s up to you to show tasks in any view mode of Change view except the Completed view mode.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.