How to view only unread messages in Outlook?
For many Outlook users, their Outlook mail folders may mix with read and unread messages. Some Outlook users want to keep only the unread messages in their Outlook Mail List in order to easily deal with them on time. With this article, you will learn how to view only unread messages in Outlook with details.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
This section will show you how to temporary view only unread message in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Get into the mail folder which you want to temporary view only the unread messages.
2. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click Filter E-mail > Unread under Home tab. See screenshot:
3. After clicking Unread, all unread email messages are filtered and listed in the Mail List of your selected folder at once.
1. When you get into another folder or restart the Outlook, the folder which you have filtered by unread messages will be reset to the default view automatically.
2. In Outlook 2007, go to the email account which you want to view the unread messages, and then click Search Folders, there is an Unread Mail item folder, click it, and all of only unread emails in this account will be displayed in the mail list.
If you want to always view only the unread messages in Outlook, you need to do with the following configuration.
1. Get into the email folder which you want to always view only the unread messages inside.
2. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, go to the View tab, and click View Settings. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, please click View > Current View > Customize Current View.
3. In the Advanced View Settings dialog box (in Outlook 2007, it is Customize View dialog box), please click Filter button.
4. In the Filter dialog box, please go to the More Choices tab, and then check the Only items that are: unread box. And finally click OK button.
5. When it returns to the previous dialog box, please click OK button.
Then the selected mail folder just display the unread messages in the mail list.
1. If the selected folder existing with no unread messages, where will be no messages showing in the mail list view.
2. The selected folder keeps showing only the unread messages in the mail list if you do not change the view settings of it.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.