How to view only unread messages in Outlook?
For many Outlook users, their Outlook mail folders may mix with read and unread messages. Some Outlook users want to keep only the unread messages in their Outlook Mail List in order to easily deal with them on time. With this article, you will learn how to view only unread messages in Outlook with details.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This section will show you how to temporary view only unread message in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Get into the mail folder which you want to temporary view only the unread messages.
2. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click Filter E-mail > Unread under Home tab. See screenshot:
3. After clicking Unread, all unread email messages are filtered and listed in the Mail List of your selected folder at once.
1. When you get into another folder or restart the Outlook, the folder which you have filtered by unread messages will be reset to the default view automatically.
2. In Outlook 2007, go to the email account which you want to view the unread messages, and then click Search Folders, there is an Unread Mail item folder, click it, and all of only unread emails in this account will be displayed in the mail list.
If you want to always view only the unread messages in Outlook, you need to do with the following configuration.
1. Get into the email folder which you want to always view only the unread messages inside.
2. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, go to the View tab, and click View Settings. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, please click View > Current View > Customize Current View.
3. In the Advanced View Settings dialog box (in Outlook 2007, it is Customize View dialog box), please click Filter button.
4. In the Filter dialog box, please go to the More Choices tab, and then check the Only items that are: unread box. And finally click OK button.
5. When it returns to the previous dialog box, please click OK button.
Then the selected mail folder just display the unread messages in the mail list.
1. If the selected folder existing with no unread messages, where will be no messages showing in the mail list view.
2. The selected folder keeps showing only the unread messages in the mail list if you do not change the view settings of it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agono longer works. selecting unread from the dropdown puts 'read:no' in the search box, which works across ALL accounts. this may be related to the upgrade to using exchange 365 in the background for support of the outlook email.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoYou are the most precise and informative page. THANK YOU so, so much x
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoi dont noi dont noi dont noi dont noi dont no