How to view next unread message in Outlook?
In many cases, your Outlook email folder might mix the read emails with the unread emails. As usual, when you finish reading an unread email, you need to close this message window and skip to find the other unread one in the email folder. In this tutorial, we will show you a little trick for easily viewing the next unread message in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For viewing next unread message in Outlook, please do as follows.
1. Get into the email folder which you want to read the unread email messages inside.
2. Open an email message. In the message window, right click the Quick Access Toolbar, and then click Customize Quick Access Toolbar in the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, you need to:
1). Select All Commands in the Choose commands from drop-down list;
2). Scroll down to select Next Unread Item in the list box;
3). Click the Add button;
4). Then click the OK button.
3. Then you can see a button called Next Unread Item shows on the Quick Access Toolbar in the Message window.
Click on this button then you will get into the next unread message window immediately. After finishing reading all the unread messages, the window will be closed when you click the Next Unread Item button.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoReally needed that tip! I appreciate you!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago+1 for what Boris said.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis is standard on Blackberry and Lotus (IBM) Notes... pathetic Microsoft.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThere is no item "Next Unread Item" on "All Commands" list. :(
Also there's no "Next Task", "Next Item", "Next Item from Sender",...
There is "Next 7 Days", "Next Appointment" and "Next Week". Before is "New Task Request", after is "No Date".
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI have the same Problem like you. Do you have any solution for this topic?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoNot sure if the instructions changed since you all posted this but I was able to find the Next Unread Item easily on Outlook 365. Make sure to read the instructions through and follow them as it asks you to ~>> "Open an email message." <<~~ THEN ~~>>In the message window,<<~~ right click the Quick Access Toolbar, and then click Customize Quick Access Toolbar in the right-clicking menu.