How to disable ctrl + enter shortcut to send email in Outlook?
Have you ever noticed that when you press the Ctrl + Enter keys simultaneously, the composing email message will be sent automatically? If the email is not finish composing, the mistaken sending will cause trouble for you. In Outlook, you can disable the Ctrl + Enter shortcut for accidentally sending email. Please do as following tutorial shows.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can disable Ctrl + Enter shortcut to send email as follows.
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, then uncheck the CTRL + ENTER sends a message box in the Send messages section. And finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
If you are using Outlook 2007, you can do as follow to disable Ctrl + Enter shortcut to send email.
1. Click Tools > Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button in the E-mail section under Preferences tab. See screenshot:
3. Then click the Advanced E-mail Options button in the E-mail Options dialog box.
4. In the Advanced E-mail Options dialog box, please uncheck the Press CTRL + ENTER to send messages box in the When sending a message section. Then click the OK button.
5. Click the OK buttons to close all dialog boxes.
And now when you press the Ctrl + Enter keys in your Message window, the email will not be sent.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.