How to disable ctrl + enter shortcut to send email in Outlook?
Have you ever noticed that when you press the Ctrl + Enter keys simultaneously, the composing email message will be sent automatically? If the email is not finish composing, the mistaken sending will cause trouble for you. In Outlook, you can disable the Ctrl + Enter shortcut for accidentally sending email. Please do as following tutorial shows.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can disable Ctrl + Enter shortcut to send email as follows.
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, then uncheck the CTRL + ENTER sends a message box in the Send messages section. And finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
If you are using Outlook 2007, you can do as follow to disable Ctrl + Enter shortcut to send email.
1. Click Tools > Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button in the E-mail section under Preferences tab. See screenshot:
3. Then click the Advanced E-mail Options button in the E-mail Options dialog box.
4. In the Advanced E-mail Options dialog box, please uncheck the Press CTRL + ENTER to send messages box in the When sending a message section. Then click the OK button.
5. Click the OK buttons to close all dialog boxes.
And now when you press the Ctrl + Enter keys in your Message window, the email will not be sent.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.