How to adjust zoom of reading pane and messages in Outlook?
When reading or composing email messages in Microsoft Outlook, the fonts and images may be too small to read clearly and comfortably. Actually Microsoft Outlook supports zoom feature for adjusting zoom lever. Here I will introduce how to adjust zoom lever of Reading Pane and new messages window in Microsoft Outlook.
When previewing email messages in the Reading Pane, you can adjust the zoom lever and make the fonts and images fit for reading comfortably.
Shift to the Mail view, click to select the email message that you will preview, and then adjust the zoom lever with moving the zoom slider in the Status bar at the bottom of Outlook. See screen shot below:
You can adjust the zoom lever of new messages window as follows.
Step 1: Open a new message window with following ways:
A. In Outlook 2010 and higher version, creating a new email message with clicking the New button on the Home tab;
B. In Outlook 2007, clicking the File > New > Mail Message.
Step 2: Click the Zoom button on the Message tab (or Format Text tab in Outlook 2007).
Note: The Zoom button is gray until you put cursor in the editing area.
Step 3: In the popping up Zoom dialog box, check one of zoom lever or specify a custom zoom lever in the Percent box, and then click the OK button.
After changing the zoom level with the above method, the changed zoom level will turn back to the original default zoom level automatically when you open and read an email message next time. With the Zoom utility of Kutools for Outlook, you can specify a zoom level as your permanently used one in message window, which includes composing, reading, replying and forwading windows. Please do as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Options dialog box, go to the Zoom tab, check the Enable auto zoom (Percent) in read, compose and reply window box, and specify a zoom level as your need from the drop-down list, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, when you composing or reading an email message in Outlook, the zoom level will be changed to the level you have specified automatically.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.