How to leave copy of email messages on server in Outlook?
By default the sent and received emails in Microsoft Outlook are reserved on server. However, you may enable deleting emails from server by accident or in some special cases, and now find a way to disable deleting email messages from the server. In this article, I will introduce the detailed way about how to leave copies of email messages on the server in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For leaving copies of email messages on server in Microsoft Outlook, you can do as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Note: In Outlook 2007, you can click the Tools > Account Settings.
Step 2: In the coming Account Settings dialog box, click to highlight the email account that you wish to leave copies of email messages on server, and click the Change button.
Step 3: In the new Change Account dialog box, click the More Settings button at the bottom-right corner.
Step 4: In the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, go to the Advanced tab, check the option of Leave a copy of messages on the server, and click the OK button.
Step 5: Now you get back to the Change Account dialog box, uncheck the option of Test Account Settings by clicking the Next button, and then click the Next button and Finish button successively.
Note: In Outlook 2007, just click the Next button and the Finish button in turn.
Step 6: Click the Close button to close the Account Settings dialog box.
Note: This method only works with the POP3 email accounts.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.