How to find which folder an email message is in?
For Microsoft Outlook users, it’s quite common to create search folders for automatically collecting special email messages, such as unread messages, flagged messages, old messages, etc. As we know, search folder is virtual for easily viewing special messages. After a long time, you may forget where these special messages are from. In this article, I will show you how to find out where an email message is stored in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can find out which folder a certain email message is stored in with following steps:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and double click to open the certain email whose stored folder you will find out.
Step 2: In the opening Message window, click the File > Info, and you will see the Current Folder: xxx besides the Move to Folder button.
In Microsoft Outlook 2007, it’s also quite easy to check which folder a certain email is stored in. And you can do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and double click to open the certain email whose stored folder you will check.
Step 2: Now the Message window comes out. Click the Office button at the up-left corner > Properties. See screen shot below:
Then in the popping up Properties dialog box, you will see the Location: xxx in the second section. See screen shot below:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.