How to quickly select all emails, contacts, or calendar items in Outlook?
For selecting all items in Outlook such as all emails, contacts or calendar items, the method which passes through your mind is the shortcut keys of Ctrl + A. Actually, Outlook has a function called Select All. You just need to click on this button, then all items are selected immediately instead of pressing the shortcut keys on the keyboard. Before using this function, firstly you need to show this button on the Quick Access Toolbar. Please browse the following tutorials for more details.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
You can select all items in an Outlook folder quickly with shortcut keyboards. And there are three sets of shortcut keyboards for you:
A. Ctrl + A: Open the specified folder in Outlook, select any email (or contact, calendar items, tasks, etc.) in it, and then press Ctrl + A keys simultaneously.
B. Ctrl + Shift + End: Open the specified folder in Outlook, select the first item in it, and then press Ctrl + Shift + End keys simultaneously.
C. Shift: Open the specified folder in Outlook, select the first item, and then select the last item with holding the Shift key.
For selecting all emails, contacts or calendar items in Outlook 2010 or higher versions, please do as follows.
1. Click the arrow on the Quick Access Toolbar at the top of Outlook interface, and then select More Commands from the drop down list. See screenshot:
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, you need to (1) select All Commands in the Choose commands from drop-down list, (2) scroll down to choose Select All in below list box, (3) click the Add button, and finally (4) click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then the Select All button is added on the Quick Access Toolbar. See screenshot:
(1). When you want to select all items such as all emails in a specified folder, please get into this folder and then click the Select All button.
(2). After adding the Select All button, it can be applied in all Outlook folders.
If you are using Outlook 2007, you can add the Select All button in the Quick Access Toolbar with below steps:
1. Firstly you need to add the Advanced Toolbar in the Outlook Ribbon. Please right click on the Outlook ribbon and then check the Advanced in the right-clicking menu.
Then you can see the Advanced toolbar is added to the Outlook ribbon. See right screenshot:
2. Get into the Outlook folder which you want to select all items from. Right click the Advanced toolbar, and then click Customize from the context menu.
3. In the Customize dialog box, you need to (1) click the Commands tab, (2) click Edit in the Categories box, and then (3) drag the Select All out of the Commands box to the advanced toolbar. See screenshot:
Then the Select All button is added in the toolbar.
Note: In Outlook 2007, if you are locating in the Mail and Contact view, the Select All button is displayed normally. If you want to select all calendar items, you need to change the calendar view to list view to show the Select All button.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.