How to delete all messages or calendar entries older than x months in Outlook?
Sometimes, old email messages or calendar entries congest in Mail/Calendar folders, making your Microsoft Outlook working heavily and slowly. In this article, I will show you some tricks about how to delete all messages or calendar entries older than specified period in Microsoft Outlook.
- Delete all messages or calendar entries older than x months with AutoArchive
- Delete all messages older than x months with Search Folder
AutoArchive feature can help users to automatically move or permanently delete all messages or calendar entries older than specified days/weeks/months easily in Microsoft Outlook. And you can do as following:
1. Select the folder that you will remove items older than specified days/weeks/months, right click and select the Properties from the drop down list.
2. In the coming Properties dialog box, go to the AutoArchive tab, and there are two situations:
A: If the option of Archive this folder using these settings is checked
This means you archive this folder with custom settings. Find out the Clean out items older than, then specify the older than period, such as 6 months, next check the option of Permanently delete old items.
B: If the option of Archive items in this folder using the default settings is checked
Click the Default Archive Settings button; then in the AutoArchive dialog box, specify the older than period behind the Clean out items older than, and check the option of Permanently delete old items.
3. Click the OK button(s) to close dialog box(es).
After configuring, it will automatically delete messages or calendar entries older than the specified period in Outlook.
To delete all messages older than the specified days/weeks/months in Outlook, you can also apply the New Search Folder feature to find out all old messages, and then delete them easily.
1. Select the mail folder where you will remove messages older than specified period.
2. Click the New Search Folder button on the Folder tab. (Note: In Outlook 2007, you can click the File > New > Search Folder.)
3. In the New Search Folder dialog box, click to select the Old mail in the Organizing Mail section, and then click the Choose button.
4. In the coming Old Mail dialog box, specify the older than period in the two boxes, and then click the two OK buttons to close two dialog boxes.
5. Find out and select the new search folder in the Navigation Pane, select all messages in this search folder with pressing the Ctrl + A keys at the same time, and then delete all of them with pressing the Delete key.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agofor some reason not all the mail messages show up in the search-folder message. I think part of it is that if it's on an Exchange server, not all messages are downloaded all the time. Perhaps you could fix this with an offline cache too, but I'm not going to try.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoWill this work if I don't remember my Apple ID password and user name for apple