How to remove calendar attachments in Outlook?
Embed attachments in Outlook calendar items is a good way for you to browse the relevant file in time. But when the calendar attachments getting more and more, they take sum of your Outlook space and make your Outlook work slowly. The best way to deal with this problem is to remove the attachments which embed in the calendar items. In Outlook, there is no function for you to directly remove the calendar attachments. Even though, it still has trick to solve this problem.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For removing calendar attachments in Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can do as follows.
Filter all calendar items which include attachments in Outlook
1. Shift to the Calendar view, and open the calendar folder which you want to remove attachments from.
2. Change the Calendar view with clicking View > Change View > List.
3. Then click on the Instant Search box to enable the Search Tools function in Outlook 2010 and 2013, then click Has Attachments under Search tab.
4. Then all calendar items which has attachments are filtered and listed out in this calendar folder.
Now start to remove the calendar attachments.
1. If you just want to remove attachment in a specified calendar item, please double click to open it, select the attachment and then press the Delete key to remove it. Then click the Save & Close button.
Note: If the attachment belongs to a meeting request, after deleting the attachment, if you don’t want to send the update to the attendees, just click the Save button, and then click the Close button to close the window.
2. If you want to remove multiple attachments from different calendar items, please choose those calendar items all together, then press the Enter key to open them all at once, then remove and save them one by one.
In Outlook 2007, you can do as follows to remove calendar attachments.
1. Please click View > Current View > All Appointments.
2. Now you need to group calendar items by Attachments. Please click View > Current View > Customize Current View.
3. In the Customize View dialog box, please click the Group By button. See screenshot:
4. In the Group By dialog box, please select Attachment in the Group items by drop-down list, check the Descending option, and then click the OK button.
5. Click the OK button in the Customize View dialog box. Then you can see all the calendar items are divided into two groups “With Attachments” and “No Attachments”.
6. Now you can remove attachments as the above Remove calendar attachments section shows.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.